I have a requirement to export content from site collection A and import in another site collection B. One of the document libraries “Closure Documents” in A has folder a hierarchy like YEAR > MONTH > REGION > DIVISION > LOCATION
and finally the list item as the leaf. For example, 2012 > 12 > EAST > SECOND > Boston > Closure_Document_1 (list item). (We have data from 2008 till 2012 in the same hierarchy).
The condition here is, I have to export the entire site content from site collection A. From “Closure Documents”, I should export only 2012 > 01 data. While exporting the entire site content and the document library for January 2012, I am
unsure what is the prerequisite required to successfully export and import the data from A to B.
I have tried the following step to take the site content backup successfully. However it failed in the import step.
The step is as follows.
- Cmp file creation at the site level – Excluded all the descendants
- Cmp file creation at the site level – Include all the descendants
- Cmp file creation at the Closure Documents – Exclude all the descendants
- Cmp file creation at the Closure Documents – 2012 à 01 – Exclude all the descendants
- Cmp file creation at the site level and Close Documents – 2012 à 01 – Include all the descendants
The import step failed with the following error when it was executing the 3rd cmp file. I am unsure which is the best step to export and import the whole content and the document library “Closure Documents” only for 2012 > January.
Your suggestion will be very helpful.