Central Admin Content Deployment Jobs and Path by Microsoft (SharePoint 2010) VS SharePoint Content Deployment Wizard by chrisobrien

Jun 1, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Edited Jun 1, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Hi

Few of our projects are using SharePoint Content Deployment Wizard  by chrisobrien    since old days of MOSS 2007. And others use Central Admin Content Deployment Jobs and Path  by Microsoft .

Microsoft keeps on updating there out of box feature in SharePoint as usual.

I am starting this discussion for folks here to encourage using the best that could be. I would request everyone to share there views Like :--

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My preference : Central Admin Content Deployment Jobs and Path  by Microsoft (SharePoint 2010) (Option 1)

Why :

1. I prefer option 1 because it is something for which I can go back to Microsoft  and request for support. I get  almost all feature in option 1 , which option 2 gives. 

OR

My preference :  SharePoint Content Deployment Wizard  by chrisobrien   (Option 2)

Why :

1. I prefer option 2 for level of customization it allows , I can control the whole migration process . Option 1 is kind of Black box for us.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You are welcome to share links where the tech world have already such threads available which gives this comparison handy Like SharePoint Developer Center > SharePoint 2010 Forums > SharePoint 2010 - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation > Central Admin Content Deployment Jobs and Path by Microsoft (SharePoint 2010) VS SharePoint Content