SPCDW on Windows 2012 with SP 2013

Jun 11, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Anyone have luck getting SPCDW to work with SP 2013 running on Windows 2012? I keep getting System.IO.FileNotFoundException immediately after startup.
Jul 12, 2013 at 10:33 PM
We have run it successfully on SP 2013 on Windows 2008.
Jul 15, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Hi,
having the same problem on Windows 2012 and SP 2013. After install getting System.IO.FileNotFoundException immediately after startup.

Help appreciated.
Jul 15, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Was there was no more info (e.g., filename) in the exception or the windows event logs or the ULS logs?
Oct 1, 2013 at 7:20 AM
Anyone have luck getting SPCDW to work with SP 2013 running on Windows 2012? I keep getting System.IO.FileNotFoundException immediately after startup. Same with stevenej. Please provide solution asap for sp 2013
Oct 1, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Amit: re: "Please provide solution asap"

I might suggest that with volunteer projects, a "carrot" approach may be more productive than a "stick" approach.

In this case, rather than demanding something, you might consider trying to help make something happen -- for example, doing some diagnosis to figure out what your problem is, and what file you're missing, and looking into relevant sections in the ULS logs and/or event viewer.
Oct 15, 2013 at 12:23 PM
That's a good point. The source IS available, so it would be a somewhat trivial matter, if you're a .Net developer, to debug this and at least figure out what file is not being found. I'm looking at using this in the SDLC for deployment across environments, so if this problem still exists when I get to it, I'll tackle it. Not sure how long that will be though.. hopefully in the next few days.
Oct 15, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I found the solution that works on server 2012. Just little bit changes into the solution. In the project properties; then goto, compile ; then advance compile options; then select target framework 4.5 and rebuild application.

Sorry for my english. Great tools. Keep it up

Oct 15, 2013 at 12:33 PM
I found the solution that works on server 2012. Just little bit changes into the solution. In the project properties; then goto, compile ; then advance compile options; then select target framework 4.5 and rebuild application.
Oct 15, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Hi Amit - I will give this a go as I am experiencing the same problem.

When I get it working, this tool looks exactly what I have been after for a new SP2013 deployment.

Will there be a VS2012 version of the project source?
Oct 15, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Yeah vs2012

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I have ported my version to VS2012/SP2013 already. But I keep my own version -- as the source was not available here in the repository.

(A long time ago when I first started making some fixes/improvements to it, I tried to contact the developers here, but failed to get any response, so I had no route to see if they wanted any of my changes to the code, so I had to proceed with my own code path independent of the one here.)
Oct 15, 2013 at 1:43 PM

If you want source for server 2012 for sp 2013 then I will give you

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Hi Perry,

Is there any chance that I could get a copy of your ported version? It would save a lot of time...

I think that there will be a need for this as more customers start switching from 2010 to 2013, I am surprised that nobody would support you in moving forwards with the solution?
Oct 15, 2013 at 2:22 PM
SeanPH - sure - send me a message - I hope you can click my name and click some link to get it to email me....

There are several possibilities as to why I didn't get a response - maybe the original maintainers no longer use the email accounts hooked to here, or maybe all the emails from codeplex wound up going into their "spam" folders and they never see them....
Oct 15, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Note: Mine is forked off 2.7 beta, and I don't know what changed going to 2.8 beta. I should diff them to see if I want to port any of the changes into my code.

It is too bad the source isn't in the repository here, showing history and comments.

So if 2.8 beta is better, you might want to go with Amit's.

Actually the port to VS2012/SP2013 went trivially, I think.
Oct 15, 2013 at 3:19 PM
PM - Sent to both of you, thanks for the help and hopefully we will see some 2013 source up here soon.
Oct 16, 2013 at 6:43 AM
here is the edit post-build events of COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core

xcopy "$(ProjectDir)stsadmcommands.*.xml" "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\CONFIG\" /y
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0A\bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools\
gacutil /i $(TargetPath) /f

if error in reference for microsoft.sharepoint. then go to properties and change to specific version=false.

here is the output log file

------ Rebuild All started: Project: COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
1>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core\OperationResults\ExportOperationResult.cs(11,23,11,34): warning CS0108: 'COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core.ExportOperationResult.ChangeToken' hides inherited member 'COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core.DeploymentOperationResult.ChangeToken'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
1>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core\WizardStsadmCommand.cs(75,21,75,26): warning CS0162: Unreachable code detected
1>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core\WizardStsadmCommand.cs(327,21,327,26): warning CS0162: Unreachable code detected
1> COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core -> ..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core\bin\Debug\COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core.dll
1> ..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core\stsadmcommands.COB.SPDeploymentWizard.xml
1> 1 File(s) copied
1> Microsoft (R) .NET Global Assembly Cache Utility. Version 4.0.30319.17929
1> Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
1>
1> Assembly successfully added to the cache
2>------ Rebuild All started: Project: SPContentDeploymentWizard, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
2>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\Wizard\Pages\WizardStep.cs(148,22,148,30): warning CS0108: 'WizardBase.WizardStep.Location' hides inherited member 'System.Windows.Forms.Control.Location'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
2>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\Wizard\Pages\WizardStep.cs(159,24,159,30): warning CS0108: 'WizardBase.WizardStep.Margin' hides inherited member 'System.Windows.Forms.Control.Margin'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
2>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\Wizard\Pages\WizardStep.cs(222,21,222,25): warning CS0108: 'WizardBase.WizardStep.Size' hides inherited member 'System.Windows.Forms.Control.Size'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
2>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\Wizard\Pages\WizardStep.cs(229,20,229,28): warning CS0108: 'WizardBase.WizardStep.TabIndex' hides inherited member 'System.Windows.Forms.Control.TabIndex'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
2>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\Wizard\Pages\WizardStep.cs(236,21,236,28): warning CS0108: 'WizardBase.WizardStep.TabStop' hides inherited member 'System.Windows.Forms.Control.TabStop'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
2>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\Wizard\Pages\WizardControl.cs(564,45,564,53): warning CS0108: 'WizardBase.WizardControl.Controls' hides inherited member 'System.Windows.Forms.Control.Controls'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
2>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\Wizard\Pages\WizardControl.cs(679,20,679,28): warning CS0108: 'WizardBase.WizardControl.TabIndex' hides inherited member 'System.Windows.Forms.Control.TabIndex'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
2>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\Wizard\Pages\WizardControl.cs(686,21,686,28): warning CS0108: 'WizardBase.WizardControl.TabStop' hides inherited member 'System.Windows.Forms.Control.TabStop'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
2>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\frmAbout.cs(24,30,24,32): warning CS0168: The variable 'ex' is declared but never used
2>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\frmContentDeployer.cs(264,22,264,33): warning CS0219: The variable 'rootWebNode' is assigned but its value is never used
2> SPContentDeploymentWizard -> ..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\bin\Debug\SPContentDeploymentWizard.exe
========== Rebuild All: 2 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:45 AM
here is the edit post-build events of COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core

xcopy "$(ProjectDir)stsadmcommands.*.xml" "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\CONFIG\" /y

if error in reference for microsoft.sharepoint. then go to properties and change to specific version=false.

------ Rebuild All started: Project: COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
1>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core\OperationResults\ExportOperationResult.cs(11,23,11,34): warning CS0108: 'COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core.ExportOperationResult.ChangeToken' hides inherited member 'COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core.DeploymentOperationResult.ChangeToken'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
1>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core\WizardStsadmCommand.cs(75,21,75,26): warning CS0162: Unreachable code detected
1>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core\WizardStsadmCommand.cs(327,21,327,26): warning CS0162: Unreachable code detected
1> COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core -> ..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core\bin\Debug\COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core.dll
1> ..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core\stsadmcommands.COB.SPDeploymentWizard.xml
1> 1 File(s) copied
1>
2>------ Rebuild All started: Project: SPContentDeploymentWizard, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
2>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\Wizard\Pages\WizardStep.cs(148,22,148,30): warning CS0108: 'WizardBase.WizardStep.Location' hides inherited member 'System.Windows.Forms.Control.Location'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
2>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\Wizard\Pages\WizardStep.cs(159,24,159,30): warning CS0108: 'WizardBase.WizardStep.Margin' hides inherited member 'System.Windows.Forms.Control.Margin'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
2>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\Wizard\Pages\WizardStep.cs(222,21,222,25): warning CS0108: 'WizardBase.WizardStep.Size' hides inherited member 'System.Windows.Forms.Control.Size'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
2>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\Wizard\Pages\WizardStep.cs(229,20,229,28): warning CS0108: 'WizardBase.WizardStep.TabIndex' hides inherited member 'System.Windows.Forms.Control.TabIndex'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
2>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\Wizard\Pages\WizardStep.cs(236,21,236,28): warning CS0108: 'WizardBase.WizardStep.TabStop' hides inherited member 'System.Windows.Forms.Control.TabStop'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
2>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\Wizard\Pages\WizardControl.cs(564,45,564,53): warning CS0108: 'WizardBase.WizardControl.Controls' hides inherited member 'System.Windows.Forms.Control.Controls'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
2>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\Wizard\Pages\WizardControl.cs(679,20,679,28): warning CS0108: 'WizardBase.WizardControl.TabIndex' hides inherited member 'System.Windows.Forms.Control.TabIndex'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
2>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\Wizard\Pages\WizardControl.cs(686,21,686,28): warning CS0108: 'WizardBase.WizardControl.TabStop' hides inherited member 'System.Windows.Forms.Control.TabStop'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
2>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\frmAbout.cs(24,30,24,32): warning CS0168: The variable 'ex' is declared but never used
2>..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\frmContentDeployer.cs(264,22,264,33): warning CS0219: The variable 'rootWebNode' is assigned but its value is never used
2> SPContentDeploymentWizard -> ..\SPDeploymentWizard_Beta2.8_Source\SPContentDeploymentWizard\bin\Debug\SPContentDeploymentWizard.exe

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:49 AM

1> 1 File(s) copied
1>
Oct 16, 2013 at 11:53 AM
i'm getting the error and changing the properties to false didn't help.
Oct 16, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Hi Amit,

Thanks for posting, I have also changed the properties to false and continue to get the same as sharepointguy12.

Is there another work around - I will have a look and see if I can fix it.
Oct 16, 2013 at 1:32 PM
After making all the changes, I see posted, I can only run the app from visual studio and nothing is migrated over from my source site to my destination site. If I try to run the .exe after a build successfully, I still get the original error message.
Oct 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Can you send me error screen shot

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Obviously that xcopy command referring to the 12 hive isn't going to work on any newer version of SharePoint.

BTW, I checked, and 2.8 Beta only contains one improvement over 2.7 Beta: two exception suppression blocks.
Oct 16, 2013 at 3:29 PM
amitpanchall,
After doing some more testing with it, I'm able to export/import to the same site only, but going from site 1 to site 2 does nothing,
Oct 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Hi Amit,

Thanks for the help but Perry has provided a fully working copy for me which I have tested on 2 farms - works fine.

Perry - great work thanks!!
Oct 16, 2013 at 3:43 PM
SeanPH wrote:
Hi Amit,

Thanks for the help but Perry has provided a fully working copy for me which I have tested on 2 farms - works fine.

Perry - great work thanks!!
Perry, can you send me a working copy of it for sharepoint 13 on server 12?

I'm halfway there with it, but not fully, I can export from site 1 but can only import to the site I just exported from. I don't get any errors in the process either
Oct 16, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Perry can you provide me source code

Oct 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM

If you move the whole list items with textonomy fields from one to another farm try to using list item editor for sharepoint 2010/2013

Oct 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Hi perry

Can you provide me source?

Oct 18, 2013 at 6:39 AM
One simple reason for getting that File IO error is if your exe cannot find the dll: COB.SharePoint.Utilities.DeploymentWizard.Core.dll

I guess I should go make a project here to post my source.
Oct 18, 2013 at 6:47 AM
There seems to be a problem with the license in the source, or perhaps I just don't understand it.

See the new thread I just started on the topic.
Oct 18, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Let me try

Oct 18, 2013 at 4:26 PM
One of the bugfixes needed by the original code (incl SP 2.7 beta and SP 2.8 beta) is explained here: http://spdeploymentwizard.codeplex.com/workitem/10150

This affects exporting individual list items.
Oct 19, 2013 at 5:30 AM

There is stopping exe. The problem is clre.exe stop working

Oct 22, 2013 at 3:46 PM
re: my source

I'm uploading it into the repository here (in this project).

Note: In my experience, the SP2007 version works fine on SP2010 and SP2013.
Feb 18, 2014 at 5:10 PM
Edited Feb 22, 2014 at 9:45 PM
I forgot to upload the changes until now. I've just uploaded them into the repository here now.
Jul 22, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Hi Guys!! Could anyone please provide me either location to download project code or executable? I have SP 2013 running on Windows 2012. I keep getting System.IO.FileNotFoundException immediately after startup.
Aug 13, 2014 at 2:26 PM
Hello Guys, I am running this on SP 2013 and getting an System.IO.FileNotFoundException on launching.

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: spcontentdeploymentwizard.exe
Problem Signature 02: 4.0.1.0
Problem Signature 03: 4ba7fc57
Problem Signature 04: SPContentDeploymentWizard
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.1.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ba7fc57
Problem Signature 07: f7
Problem Signature 08: f1
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Aug 15, 2014 at 7:11 PM
amitpanchall wrote:
If you want source for server 2012 for sp 2013 then I will give you
Hi Amit! I am on Windows 2012 with SP 2013. I tried to open the project in Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 but it's not opening. Also, it auto-convert the project but with errors. Could you please provide me the Compiled project for server 2012 for sp 2013 with .Net 4.5 framework?

Regards,
Khushi
Aug 15, 2014 at 7:20 PM
Any luck Vaibhav?

Hello Guys, I am running this on SP 2013 and getting an System.IO.FileNotFoundException on launching.
Aug 18, 2014 at 7:25 AM
Khushisshaikh wrote:
Any luck Vaibhav?

Hi Khushisshaikh, still on it.
Nov 1, 2014 at 11:43 PM
How Can I get the code to work on windows server 2012 and SP 2013?? Any Help.
Nov 19, 2014 at 5:03 PM
Edited Nov 19, 2014 at 5:05 PM
h_elgenedy wrote:
How Can I get the code to work on windows server 2012 and SP 2013?? Any Help.
Maybe someone else can help you, but I became too busy several years ago to have any free time to look at error reports. (And even if I found some, I'd only be able to look at ones that actually include information If you are interested in what I think a basic error report involving SharePoint should include, feel free to check out "https://charts4sharepoint.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Reporting%20Bugs%20for%20SharePoint%20Projects")
Nov 19, 2014 at 5:06 PM
PerrySharePoint wrote:
I forgot to upload the changes until now. I've just uploaded them into the repository here now.
BTW, I did in fact upload my source code to the project here; it is available directly from here.
Nov 19, 2014 at 6:49 PM
I've also just uploaded binary executables (for SP2010 and SP2012) built against current sources.