Selection Lists and Web pages

Jun 30, 2009 at 8:06 AM

I would like to move my existing site, but I dont want to move all the data, only selected reference information.
It would be nice to be able to select which lists (and contents) and either all or selected web pages.  I am not able to export  web pages if I select which lists and contents I want. 

Are you looking at providing such functionality?

Thank you in advance

Nino

Jul 4, 2009 at 11:03 AM

@Nino,

The Wizard does allow you to select exactly what you what to move - if you don't want to move an entire list/library (e.g. Pages library), then just select individual items. So long as that library already exists on the destination it will import fine.

Can you explain more about why you can't move the items you want to move?

Thanks,

Chris.

Jul 6, 2009 at 12:58 AM

Chris,

If I select whole site, I get all lists and all aspx pages.
I can select the lists I want, and whether the content is copies as well - no problem, but if I do, I do not get any aspx pages.   I don't know how to tell it I want all the aspx pages.

I am looking at the log files to see what it has copied.

have I missed something?

Regards

Nino

Jul 6, 2009 at 2:02 AM

Sorry Chris, I just realised I didn't make myself clear - let  me try again.

When I do a full export of site, in the "Processing objects of type Folder", you inlcude all the lists and all the other folders in the site including _Catalogs, _cts, and all my custom folders
Similarly  when  "Processing objects of type File", you export all the files within those folders.

Now I want to select which lists have all content exported and which lists have a no content exported, so I select this using the "Export Content" window, but I cannot select to export all the non  \list folders namely _Catalogs, _cts, and all my custom folders.

I hope this is clearer

Regards

Nino

Jul 6, 2009 at 11:06 PM
Edited Jul 6, 2009 at 11:07 PM

@Nino,

Ah I see. Some lists are filtered out of the treeview so that they don't clutter the tree (since most people won't want to export certain lists). The set of lists which is filtered out can be overriden by specifying a value in an AppSettings key in the SPDeploymentWizard.exe.config file named 'ListsNotForExport'. If you specify an empty string for this value, you should get *all* the lists back in the treeview.

By default, the following lists are filtered out:

"Cache Profiles, Content and Structure Reports, Converted Forms, Long Running Operation Status, Notification List, Quick Deploy Items, Relationships List, Reporting Metadata, Reporting Templates, User Information List, Variation Labels, Workflows, Workflow Tasks, Workflow History, fpdatasources"

HTH,

Chris.

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Thanks Chris.

I modified the Config file, but I still cannot see the list.  Attached is the config file I am using

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
  <system.diagnostics>
    <switches>
      <add name="COB.SharePoint.Utilities.ContentDeploymentWizard" value="0"/>
    </switches>
    <trace autoflush="true" indentsize="2">
      <listeners>
        <add name="WizardListener" type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener" initializeData="C:\Wizard.log">
        </add>  
      </listeners>
    </trace>    
  </system.diagnostics>
  <appSettings>
    <add key="ListsNotForExport" value="" />
  </appSettings>
</configuration>

is this correct?
Jul 8, 2009 at 8:21 AM

That does look correct, yes.

Two questions:

• What happens if you add the name of *one* list to the ListsNotForExport value e.g. "Cache Profiles"
  • I see you have trace enabled - does this give any clues (when the treeview is being built)?

Thanks,

Chris.