Please Help: Major Error when Launching SPDeploymentWizard.exe

Sep 16, 2009 at 5:10 PM
Edited Sep 16, 2009 at 5:41 PM

I just installed the SPDeploymentWizard on my Win XP SP3 Machine, along with .Net Framework 3.0.  After a restart I launched the .exe and recieved the following windows error:

"SPContentDeploymentWizard has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."  It then wants me to tell MSFt of the problem. 

I tried to uninstall and reinstall a prior version, but no luck.  I also tried with .Net Framework 3.5 SP1

Please help as I would really like to use this product.

Sep 29, 2009 at 12:58 PM

HI @ll

Same to me on a Vista x64 machine and also on a W2K8 SP2 (no R2) machine...

Any ideas?

Best regards

twicky87

Sep 29, 2009 at 1:19 PM
Hi,

The problem is that the software is built for a 32 bit environment.  You can download the source code and recomplie it for a 64 bit environment.  We are in the process of doing that now.

Michael

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 7:58 AM, twicky87 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

HI @ll

Same to me on a Vista x64 machine and also on a W2K8 SP2 (no R2) machine...

Any ideas?

Best regards

twicky87

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SPDeploymentWizard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SPDeploymentWizard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 29, 2009 at 1:27 PM
Edited Sep 29, 2009 at 1:43 PM

HI Michael

when i dezip the file, i get two different msi's (1. ...._x64 and 2. ...._x86). Doeas it mean, that the "x64" (which i installed) version is also just a 32 bit version?

Thanks and best regards

twicky87

Update:

I just tried to recompile the source for x64 and use your installation-project. After removing some missing files, removing the post-build events and rereferencing the SharePoint.dll i got same error.... I think, if it is really a 64bit issue, i have to test it directly without installing or refactor the installer... but at this moment i don't have any time for it. I think, i wait for your 64bit version.

best regards

twicky87

Sep 29, 2009 at 1:42 PM
That I am not sure off.  I will get in contact with the person who is recompiling it for me and will post what he did on the db.

Thanks!
Michael

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 8:27 AM, twicky87 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

HI Michael

when i dezip the file, i get two different msi's (1. ...._x64 and 2. ...._x86). Doeas it mean, that the "x64" (which i installed) version is also just a 32 bit version?

Thanks and best regards

twicky87

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SPDeploymentWizard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SPDeploymentWizard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 26, 2009 at 12:29 PM

HI Michael.

On 16.10. you posted a new release. Is this issue fixed in this release?

Best regards

twicky87

Oct 26, 2009 at 2:31 PM
Hi twicky87,

The new version still gives me the same problem.  I have had no luck getting this util to work. 

Michael

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 7:29 AM, twicky87 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

HI Michael.

On 16.10. you posted a new release. Is this issue fixed in this release?

Best regards

twicky87