Error creating an IF block of OR's in a calculated Sharepoint field

Oct 28, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Hello,

I am new to Sharepoint and have run into an issue creating an IF block of OR statement. I successfully creating IF/AND statements but am having issues with IF/OR. My calculated field has 18 different variables. Here is my statement:

=IF(OR([Will this project change the structure of the tables listed above?]="Yes",[Will this project move any of these tables or fields?]="Yes",[Will new values be introduced or existing ones modified?]="Yes",[Is there a modification to a transaction state?]="Yes",[Introducing processing state 'R'?]="Yes",[Introducing a new ledger impacting transaction?]="Yes",[Introducing ledger impacting reversals?]="Yes",[Introducing partial reversals/refunds?]="Yes", [Are you ensuring that the time_user & time_processed are NOT set?]="No",[Are you setting the time_user to the current time?]="No",[Are you setting the 2 flags for transactions funded by eCheck or mEFT while in pending state?]="No",[Does every insert into wtransaction have a corresponding update in wuser_holding?]="No",[Introducing new method of transaction where model is decided by wtransaction and lookups on other tables?]="Yes",[Introducing new products in countries or changing primary currency?]="No",[Adding or modifying any currencies in the system?]="Yes",[Adding any new processors or vendors?]="Yes",[Adding new country codes to existing ACH types based on regions?]="Yes",[Modifying inbound/outbound vendor files for existing vendors?]="Yes"),"YES","NO")

Here is the error message:  The formula contains a syntax error or is not supported.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.AddField(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, String bstrSchemaXml, Int32 grfAdd)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.AddField(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, String bstrSchemaXml, Int32 grfAdd)

Can anyone help me with this? Our everyone says the statement looks correct so wondering if there are too many variables being used.

Thanks,

Kristi