This release is primarily to fix a regression bug in the 2.5 release (the first item in the list below) and provides:
- Fix to issue where lists cannot be exported with 'All descendents' option because menu item is missing
- Separate installers for x86 and x64 to ensure the STSADMCOMMANDS.COB.SPDEPLOYMENTWIZARD.XML file gets properly installed to 12\config directory
Also note the main new features of the 2.5 beta (included in this release):
- Support for incremental deployments, so only content which has changed since the last export gets deployed (select 'ExportChanges' from the dropdown to use this feature)
- Support for "no compression" deployments via the 'Disable compression' checkbox - this is useful for large sites where memory use is an issue during Content Deployment
- Support for allowing the root web of a site collection to be deployed on it's own - extra options in context menus now allow selection of 'site' or 'root web'. Previously it was not possible to deploy only a root web.