Error at SPRequest.UpdateFileOrFolderProperties while importing same package again

Oct 13, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Hi,

I have one exported package (cmp file). It contains 2 lists. One list has lookup column that refers to another list. When I import this package first time, it gets imported successfully. But when I reimport it again, I get following error:

[10/11/2010 11:43:34 AM]: Progress: Importing Folder /Lists/LogbookT.
[10/11/2010 11:43:35 AM]: FatalError: An error has occurred.
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.UpdateFileOrFolderProperties(String bstrWebUrl, String bstrWebRelativeUrl, Object varProperties, Int32 fMigrationSemantics, Int32 fReGhost)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFolder.UpdateOnImport()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FolderSerializer.SetObjectData(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context, ISurrogateSelector selector)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.ParseObject(Type objectType, Boolean isChildObject)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.DeserializeObject(Type objectType, Boolean isChildObject, DeploymentObject envelope)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ObjectSerializer.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ImportObjectManager.ProcessObject(XmlReader xmlReader)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.SPImport.DeserializeObjects()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.SPImport.Run()

Any idea about this?

Thanks,

Rashmi

Jun 24, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Hi Rashmi,

I have the same problem at the moment.

I have lists with a LOOKUP column as well. I export the data with the setting 'exclude dependencies of selected objects' unchecked, because else I will lose the connection between the lists. But when I do this, a simular error like yours is trown at the import. In case I do check that value, then the import goes well, but I lose the references between the 2 lists. The Lookup list becomes empty when you look in SharePoint. 

Did you already found a solution your the problem?

Regards, Jeroen