Modified Date set "randomly"

Dec 10, 2010 at 4:02 PM

It looks like the author doesn't answer posts anymore. Too bad. If I could get one minor tweak, then this tool would fit my need perfectly.

I am attempting to move documents from one document library to another of the same type but in another site. I select the document items I want to move and export. I import with the options to overwrite the versions, import all of the user info, and not to include security. Everything comes over fine -- the documents and the original metadata including modified by, created, created by, and versions -- except for modified (date) of the current version of the document. Once it was correct, but, mysteriously, it was randomly incorrect for other documents -- e.g. 8/11/2009 4:06PM became 4/10/2010 9:42AM (I did this 12/10/2010 at a different time).

So, if you need a tool to do this kind of move and you can accept that the modified date will be off, then this is the cat's meow.

Dec 10, 2010 at 4:14 PM

For those curious: running SharePoint 2007 SP2 August Cumulative Update on Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition SP2.