Entire Site Import - Help needed

May 17, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Hi,

I have a requirement to export content from site collection A and import in another site collection B. One of the document libraries “Closure Documents” in A has folder a hierarchy like YEAR > MONTH > REGION > DIVISION > LOCATION and finally the list item as the leaf. For example, 2012 > 12 > EAST > SECOND > Boston > Closure_Document_1 (list item). (We have data from 2008 till 2012 in the same hierarchy).

The condition here is, I have to export the entire site content from site collection A. From “Closure Documents”, I should export only 2012 > 01 data. While exporting the entire site content and the document library for January 2012, I am unsure what is the prerequisite required to successfully export and import the data from A to B.

I have tried the following step to take the site content backup successfully. However it failed in the import step.

The step is as follows.

1. Cmp file creation at the site level – Excluded all the descendants
  2. Cmp file creation at the site level – Include all the descendants
  3. Cmp file creation at the Closure Documents – Exclude all the descendants
  4. Cmp file creation at the Closure Documents – 2012 à 01 – Exclude all the descendants
  5. Cmp file creation at the site level and Close Documents – 2012 à 01 – Include all the descendants

The import step failed with the following error when it was executing the 3rd cmp file. I am unsure which is the best step to export and import the whole content and the document library “Closure Documents” only for 2012 > January.

Your suggestion will be very helpful.

Thanks,

Sriram