Auto Scheduling

Jun 19, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Can I use this tool to schedule regular content updates - the scenario I have is - I need one web (subsite) in a WEB APP 1 to update another web (subsite) in WEB APP2 at regular predetermined intevals. Thanks much for your help!

Coordinator
Jun 22, 2009 at 8:15 AM

@twincities,

Yes, that's exactly what this tool can be used for. The custom STSADM command supplied with the tool would be added to a script (I provide a sample in the download) which you could hook up to the task scheduler to execute at predetermined intervals.

If you need any more help, just leave another comment in the Discussions area somewhere.

Thanks,

Chris.

Aug 4, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Hi Chris,

I can't seem to locate the STSADM command you supplied in the example, could you point me to this please?

Thanks

Coordinator
Aug 6, 2009 at 10:40 AM

@tonybrindle,

First thing is to make sure you've downloaded the 'Release 2.0 beta' version - this *isn't* the Codeplex 'default' version (though it's about time I changed that, so that may have changed by the next time you come in here). In this version, when you run the installer it will put the XML file for the STSADM command in the correct place in the 12 hive, and there is a sample .bat file which shows how to call the command.

If you're still having trouble just leave another comment.

Thanks,

Chris.